Saturday, January 9, 2010

To know is not KNOWING until you really know.

My title doesn't make much sense but it doesn't matter.

For those of you who heard about the accident involving a Camry and a Mercedes during New Year's, you probably also know that the parents of the family of 5 were killed in that accident. And it all happened in Klang. The saddest part of all is that the oldest boy is only 11 and the youngest 8. When the accident happened the youngest boy, Eddie was sitting in front with his mum and that miraculously he survived because his mum's hands were so tightly wrapped around him that the friends in a car behind couldn't get him out. That's what you call a mother's love. It really saddens you to know that 3 little kids are orphaned because of such an unfortunate event.

But the worse part of me is that I knew all 3 of the kids. Ronnie, Kevin and Eddie. They use to attend the children's service in my church and every helper loved them. They were so cute. A few years back they stopped attending and well we never really saw them again till this happened. I actually didn't know it them when my dad told my family and I the story till this afternoon. When Tiff initially told me it was them, I couldn't believe it. I really couldn't. It hit so close to home.

Whenever you read this kind of news, you feel oh man this is really sad and you try to push it out of your mind but when you realise that you knew them, it makes it so much harder. My heart really goes out to them. I really hope God give the kids the strength to go on and succeed in life.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2010/1/3/nation/5405405&sec=nation

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2010/1/2/nation/5403387&sec=nation

No comments:

Post a Comment